We at Leaders Plus take the issue of privacy extremely seriously.
This Privacy Statement covers the information we collect about you when you use our products or services, or
otherwise interact with us (for example, by attending our sessions or events), unless a
different policy is displayed. The Statement also describes the measures we take to safeguard
In this policy, we and us refer to Leaders Plus CIC Ltd.
Where we provide the Services under contract with an organisation, that organisation
controls the information processed by the Services.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure
that you’re happy with any changes.
We take the security of all the data we hold very seriously. We have a framework of policies, procedures and training in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
When and How We Share Personal Data
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so and when you have given us permission to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place as appropriate to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
When and How We Share Personal Data and Locations of Processing
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place as appropriate to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
In common with other organisations, we use third parties located in other countries to help us run our work. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the country where we are located.
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
Third Party Organisations That Provide Applications/Functionality, Data Processing or IT Services to Us:
We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems. For example, providers of information technology, cloud-based software as a service provider, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services.
The servers powering and facilitating that cloud infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
Further details of these providers are included below.
- Agile CRM Inc for Customer Relationship Management, has its headquarters in India and is GDPR compliant.
- Google Ireland Ltd for Email and Google Drive, has its headquarters in the Ireland.
- Siteground, headquartered in Bulgaria, GDPR compliant, for web hosting services, headquartered in Bulgaria and GDPR compliant.
- Survey monkey, US-based, GDPR compliant, for processing surveys such as evaluation surveys.
- Xero, based in New Zealand, GDPR compliant, for accounting and invoices.
- Our service users and clients:
Where we need to process personal data to provide professional services to our clients, we may share personal data
- Auditors, insurers and professional advisers
- Evaluation consultancies. When we get our work externally evaluated, we may share the relevant data with evaluation consultancies in line with the principles outlined below.
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation
- Third party organisations that otherwise assist us in providing goods, services or informationWe may engage or otherwise work with other providers to helps us provide services to our customers, e.g. dietary needs.
Data Controller and Contact Information
We are generally controllers for the personal data we process, the named person is Verena Hefti and you can get in touch under firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us.
Individuals’ rights and how to exercise them
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights.
Individuals’ rights may include the right of access to personal data, to rectification of personal data, to erasure of personal data / right to be forgotten, to restrict processing of personal data, to object to processing of personal data, to data portability, the right to withdraw consent at any time (where processing is based on consent) and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please see further information about these rights, when they are available and how to exercise them below.
Your Right of Access to Personal Data
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal data about you, receive a copy of your personal data held by us as a controller and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data (similar to the information provided in this privacy statement). This right may be exercised by emailing us at email@example.com. We aim to respond to any requests for information promptly, and in any event within the legally required time limits.
Your Right to Rectification / Amendment of Personal Data
You have the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your name or address) and to have incomplete personal data completed.
To update personal data submitted to us, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, where appropriate, contact us via the relevant website registration page or directly amend the personal details held on relevant websites or applications with which you registered.
When practically possible, once we are informed that any personal data processed by us is no longer accurate, we will make updates as appropriate based on your updated information.
Your Right to Erasure / Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to obtain deletion of your personal data in the following cases:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
our legal grounds for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- our legal grounds for processing is that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, you object to our processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
- you object to our processing for direct marketing purposes;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
To request deletion of your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
Your Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data where you have contested the accuracy of the personal data;
- your personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request the restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal data are required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or for a period enabling us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us override your interests where you have objected to processing based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
- To restrict our processing of your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- our legal grounds for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party; or
- our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
- To object to our processing of your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
Your Right to Data Portability
You have a right to receive your personal data provided by you to us and have the right to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
To exercise your right to data portability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. Where we rely on your consent for our processing of your personal data, to withdraw your consent please email us at email@example.com.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
This privacy statement was last updated on 20 February 2019.