We are so excited to share this episode of Leaders With Babies with you as our guest this week is the extremely inspiring Michelle Mitchell OBE.
Michelle became Chief Executive of Cancer Research UK in 2018, the world’s leading charitable funder of Cancer research. She’s also a mum to two pre-teen children.
Michelle has been a real trail blazer for parents who are in high level senior leadership roles. Throughout her own career she has always done things a little differently to help balance work and family, and she’s always been a big supporter of working flexibly.
During our discussion we cover:
- Sleep deprivation and how hard this can be in the early stages of motherhood
- Why you shouldn’t compare yourself to anyone else
- Why Michelle is such a big supporter of working flexibly in senior roles
- Why having purpose in all you do is so important
- Why we need more role models from diverse backgrounds in senior leadership roles
We hope you’ll find our conversation thought provoking, especially if you’re considering your own career development and the practicalities of managing a really high powered job whilst also wanting to be present with your children.
Find out more about the brilliant work of Cancer Research UK at www.cancerresearchuk.org
This episode was recorded during the COVID-19 Lockdown.