Everything You Need to Know Before Applying for a Senior Leadership Role & The Importance of Diverse Recruitment
Are you thinking about applying for a new senior leadership or director level role? Listen to this episode of Leaders With Babies first!
Our guest today is Lee Higgins, who is part of the senior leadership team at the recruitment firm Falcon Brook Search and has decades of experience working as a headhunter for senior leadership roles.
Lee is particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion and he heads up their AVID Leaders programme, which works with AVID (Authentic, Vulnerable, Inclusive and Diverse) leaders to change the way organisations approach diversity and inclusion.
In this episode he shares with us:
- When and how you should raise the question about working flexibly when going for a senior leadership role
- How to successfully diversify your own network and why this is so important
- How to demonstrate your commitment when returning to work after having a baby
- Why we must confront the elephants in the room and challenge assumptions like you may be less committed to your work because of your childcare commitments
- Why you need to bring your whole self to work
- The 10-minute tips for utilising LinkedIn and your own networks that can really help with your own job search
If you’d like to get in touch with Lee then you can connect with Lee on LinkedIn here.
Follow Leaders Plus on Twitter @leaders_plus #LeadersWithBabies
Find out more about Leaders Plus, including details of our award-winning Fellowship Programme here.
Please remember to rate, review, and subscribe and share with any friends, family, or colleagues who may benefit.
This episode was recorded during the COVID-19 Lockdown.