"The Fellowship has been life transforming. At Leaders Plus it suddenly felt okay to be both a present and engaged parent and massively ambitious at work."
The Leaders Plus Fellowship Programme
Our award-winning Fellowship is for people on maternity leave, shared parental leave and up to three years after the return to work.
We support you to stay on the leadership pipeline and continue to develop your career while you enjoy your young family.
You access an external peer support network, high-quality training, mentoring and inspiring role models during the 9-month programme.
Our Fellows build a positive movement for change so that all new parents can thrive in leadership roles.
Our events and sessions are baby-friendly.
Our external evaluation shows how we are making a difference to the gender pay gap.
Who is the Fellowship for?
The programme is for managers and leaders with significant childcare responsibilities for children under three.
About half of our Fellows are pregnant, on maternity leave, shared parental leave or adoption leave.
The other half returned to work within the last three years.
It is a cross-sector programme open to both women and men.
We warmly welcome applications from fathers.
We actively encourage individuals from groups that are underrepresented in leadership roles to apply. This includes for example individuals with a BAME or LGBTQI+ background.
What does the programme include?
- Inspiring 'Leaders with Babies' event
- Senior Leader Mentor
- 9 months programme with events and workshops building your confidence and career skills
- Access to inspirational role models
- Developing a supportive network with like-minded peers across sectors
- You are welcome to take your baby along to the events and workshops
This is for you if you are:
- Passionate about continuing to develop your career. Mums and dads welcome!
- On or about to go on maternity leave, shared parental leave, adoption leave or if your return to work was less than 3 years ago.
Application and selection process: applicants complete an application form.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about their careers, will contribute to the peer network and drive a positive movement for change.
Applications will reopen in late 2019 for the 2020 Fellowship which will start in March.