Coronavirus: Talking to Young Children Coronavirus (Covid-19)
It is impossible to escape news of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and like many other parents, we wish to ensure that our children do not bear any long term scars from this turbulent and unsettling period.
To support parents as much as we can we are sharing our recent webinar 'Talking to Young Children About Coronavirus.'
We commissioned Dr. Martha Deiros Collado, a clinical psychologist who specialises in supporting children who go through severe illness and trauma, to deliver this important content and answer a number of frequently asked questions.
You can find the webinar in full below as well as a number of important resources (below) designed to support you and your young family during these unprecedented times.
The Talking to Young Children About Coronavirus webinar covers:
- examples of how young children express anxiety
- advice on what we should say to young children about the pandemic
- tips on how to cope when you yourself are experiencing strong emotions in front of the children
The webinar focuses mainly on toddlers and preschoolers but is also very relevant to primary school-age children. We hope you find it useful.
01. Q&A: A Practical Toolkit to Support You and Your Family
02. Talking to Young Children About Coronavirus Presentation Slides
03. A Wakelet Link Containing Relevant MultiMedia Information About Coronavirus for Parents Set Up by Dr. Martha Deiros Collado
04. The Leaders With Babies Podcast Audio of the Talking to Children About Coronavirus Seminar
If you are interested in looking after your own mental health in this difficult time you might like to listen to episode 10 of our Leaders With Babies Podcast which features Poppy Jaman the former CEO of Mental Health First Aid who shares lots of fantastic tips on self care during challenging periods.