Steph Douglas is the inspirational Founder and CEO of the gifting company Don’t Buy Her Flowers.
Steph launched her business in 2014 after having her first baby and being inundated with bouquets. She joins Verena to talk candidly about growing a successful business, raising her family and challenging expectations, including at home.
The conversation includes:
- Why and how to ensure you safeguard time to think when growing your business
- How parenthood can benefit you in business
- ‘Feminine’ business traits and why they are essential skills
- Why it’s critical our children witness their parents sharing the load
- Challenging societal pressures around female CEOs and driving for equality at home
- Why you don’t need to run your business like The Apprentice or Dragon’s Den
We end with three tips for anyone thinking about starting their own business.
Find out more about Steph and Don’t Buy Her Flowers at www.dontbuyherflowers.com.
If you’d like to submit a question to the Big Careers, Small Children podcast please record it here https://www.speakpipe.com/BigCareersSmallChildren